Section C: General School Administration
Policy Title: Delegated Authority
Policy Code: CBCA
Print Version (in PDF)
The Governing Board delegates to the Superintendent, among other powers, the authority to perform the following acts:
- To give notice to teachers, pursuant to A.R.S. 15-536, of the Board's decision not to offer a teaching contract.
- To give notice to teachers, pursuant to A.R.S. 15-538.01 of the Board's decision not to offer a teaching contract and to dismiss the teacher.
- To give notice to an administrator or certificated school psychologist, pursuant to A.R.S. 15-503, of the Board's decision not to offer a new contract.
- To issue to teachers, pursuant to A.R.S. 15-536, 15-538 and 15-539 written preliminary notices of inadequacy of classroom performance, reporting such issuance to the Governing Board within ten (10) school days.
- To approve and execute agreements with Educational Enrichment Foundation (EEF) for TUSD departments and schools which conduct fundraising activities consistent with EEF's mission.
- To approve application for and acceptance of certain grants in accordance with Governing Board Policies.
Adopted: July 2, 2012
Revised: October 22, 2013