- August 18, 2023
- November 17, 2023 - YouTube Audio Link: https://youtu.be/asDwHkPy0CY
- February 16, 2024
- May 17, 2024
Apply now to join the Governing Board Audit Committee. This is a non-paid volunteer position.
Committee members assist the Tucson Unified Governing Board:
- complies with its fiduciary oversight obligations
- strengthen Tucson Unified's internal financial controls
- provide greater transparency of the District's sterwardship of tax dollars.
Audit Committee Members
The Governing Board has named these members to the District Audit Committee:
- Bernie Wiegandt, CPA
- William J. Kelly, Ed.D.
- John Blackshire
- Raymond Cavanaugh, MBA, CFE, Vice Chair
- Jodi Perin
- Kevin Oberg, Chair
- Val Romero, Board Liaison
The Audit Committee meetings will be held in person in the Governing Board Conference Room at 1010 E. 10th Street, starting promptly at 2:30 PM. The following procedures related to the Call to the Audience portion of Audit Committee meetings will be observed if you do not want to appear in person:
- All public comments for the meeting will be accepted in written form only to include the community member's full name and topic.
- Members of the public who wish to address the Audit Committee must submit their written comments via the Report Your Concern to the Audit Committee Form. All public comments are due to the Committee no later than 12:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
- Public comments will be read into the record by the Committee Chair (3 minute maximum per comment).
- The remaining rules for Call to the Audience will remain in effect.