Policy Code A
Section A: Foundation and Basic Commitments
Policy Title: District Vision, Mission, and Values
Policy Code: A
Print Version (in PDF)
Inspiring a diverse community to connect, learn, innovate, and lead for a better world.
The mission of the Tucson Unified School District, in partnership with parents and the greater community, is to assure that each pre-K through 12th grade student receives an engaging, rigorous and comprehensive education.
Our community prepares all students to become responsible, ethical, and engaged global citizens by creating relevant, dynamic, and joyful educational experiences that embrace cultural diversity.
- Excellence - We foster excellence through rigorous, relevant, and diverse educational experiences to develop the full potential of all learners.
- Innovation - We inspire creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking through dynamic, future-focused global learning experiences.
- Integrity - We act with respect and honesty to ensure transparency, equity, and accountability in all we do.
- Diversity - We champion the inclusion of all individuals by nurturing and celebrating their unique gifts and different points of view.
- Caring Community - We cultivate relationships and a sense of belonging within our diverse community by embracing empathy and shared decision-making.
Adopted: August 9, 2005
Revised: September 20, 2005
Revised: October 2, 2012
Revised: December 10, 2013
Reviewed: July 13, 2018
Revised: January 24, 2023