Section E: Support Services
Regulation Title: Telephone Usage (desk phones, fax lines, cell phones, radios)
Regulation Code: EJG-R
Print Version (in PDF)
- Employees may use District desk phones and fax lines for incidental personal use, as long as no cost is incurred by the District and employees limit the amount of time spent conducting personal business.
- If long distance personal calls must be made they should be billed to the employee's personal credit or calling card.
Personal Cell Phones:
Employees should manage their cell phone in a professional manner, setting an example for the students TUSD serves.
- Employees should always have their cell phones stored, not visible, and never use the cell phone during instructional time. For this policy instructional time means anytime employees may have association with students, i.e. halls, cafeteria, etc.
- No pictures may be taken of staff or students that violate personal privacy.
- Administrators are exempt from this policy, but should still demonstrate respect by taking phone calls privately.
District Cell Phones:
TUSD no longer has District paid cell phones. There are exceptions and limited circumstances where a department can own a phone and a line of service.
Authority and Responsibility - District Cell Phones
Site and department administrators will be responsible to:
- Identify positions and cell phone needs.
- Ensure that cell phone use is documented and that phones are used for District business only.
- Ensure that reimbursement for personal calls made from District cell phones are collected and submitted to Finance once a month for timely reimbursement.
Telecommunications will identify and contract for all telephone services and rate plans for district use.
Finance will monitor telephone usage reports monthly.
Periodic audits of adherence to this policy will be conducted by Telecommunications and/or Finance.
Reviewed: June 24, 2005 - Friday Report
Revision: September 9, 2011 - Friday Report