Section G: Personnel
Policy Title: Personnel Goals/Priority Objectives
Policy Code: GA
Print Version (in PDF)
The Board recognizes that dynamic and efficient staff members dedicated to education are necessary to maintain a constantly improving educational program. The Board is interested in its personnel as individuals, and it recognizes its responsibility for promoting the general welfare of the staff members.
Duties of these staff members shall be outlined and assigned by the Superintendent.
Additionally, the Board establishes, as personnel service goals, the following:
- Recruiting, selecting, and employing the best-qualified personnel to staff the school system.
- An employee appraisal program (evaluation) that will contribute to the continuous improvement of staff performance.
- Professional development and in-service training programs for employees that will improve their rates of performance and retention.
- Deployment of the available personnel to ensure that they are utilized as effectively as possible within budgetary constraints.
- Human relationships necessary to obtain maximum staff performance and satisfaction.
- A staff compensation program sufficient to attract and retain qualified employees within the fiscal limitations of the District.
Adopted: September 17, 1985
Revised: September 9, 2008 (numeric to letter format only)
Revised: July 2, 2012