Food Provisions for Staff, Parents and Volunteers
Section E: Support Services
Policy Title: Food Provisions for Staff, Parents and Volunteers
Policy Code: EFA
Print Version (in PDF)
The District may provide food, beverages, or refreshments:
- to parents who attend Governing Board-authorized activities;
- to staff who assist in Governing Board-authorized activities occurring outside of their regularly scheduled work hours, on weekends or District holidays;
- to staff or parents if part of travel & subsistence, and if the person is acting as a representative of the district; or
- to staff or parents if a grant, gift or devise of funds specifically provides that the funds may be used for that purpose.
- to staff at meetings, including in-services, professional development activities or trainings, and at Board meetings as a de minimus fringe benefit in order to foster good working relations and encourage staff participation.
Adopted: December 14, 2010
Reviewed: June 11, 2013
Revised: September 12, 2023