Section K: School/Community Relations
Policy Title: Public Gifts and Donations to Schools
Policy Code: KCD
Print Version (in PDF)
The Governing Board delegates to the Superintendent the authority to accept public gifts and donations on behalf of the District. The Superintendent will place quarterly reports of gifts and donations received on the Board Agenda.
To be acceptable, a gift must satisfy the following criteria:
- It will have a purpose consistent with those of the school.
- It will not bring undesirable or hidden costs to the school system.
- It will place no restrictions on the school program.
- It will not imply endorsement of any business or product.
- It will not be from a vendor or potential vendor.
- It will not be in conflict with any provision of the school policy or public law.
The District reserves the right to refuse to accept any gift that does not contribute toward the achievement of the goals of this District and the ownership of which would tend to adversely affect the District.
Any gift accepted by the District shall become the property of the District, may not be returned without approval of the Superintendent and is subject to the same controls and regulations as are other property of the District. As such, gifts shall be recorded in appropriate inventory listing(s) and property records.
The Board will make every effort to honor the intent of the donor in its use of the gift, but reserves the right to utilize any gift it accepts in the best interest of the educational program of the District.
Adopted: October 2, 2012
LEGAL REF: A.R.S. 15-341
CROSS REF: DDA – Funding Sources Outside the School System