Section J - Students
Policy Title: Student Health Services and Requirements
Policy Code: JLC
Print Version (in PDF)
The Superintendent shall establish procedures for the student health services program in the District. Such procedures will provide for:
- Administration of patent or proprietary medication (over-the-counter [OTC] medications) in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes and District policies.
- Administration of prescription medications in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes and District policies.
- Administration of immunizations in conjunction with the County Health Department and in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes.
- Providing preventive health information.
- The treatment of school-related injuries/illnesses, and recommendation for follow-up care.
- Screening clinics for selected physical impairments.
Adopted: July 24, 2012